Skip to Main Content

Start Of Main Content

Artisan and Service Contractors Policy

We value the craftsmanship of your profession and want to provide the coverage you need to protect your business. We help protect a wide range of professionals. People who need contractor insurance include electricians, plumbers, and HVAC contractors, interior decorators, janitorial and lawn care services. Get the property and liability protection you feel is right, with an agent who can help you customize your coverage.

Find an Agent Near You

Or call 844-242-1899844-242-1899 for a quote.

There are many distinctive features available in the Business Services Insurance Policy:

  • Business Personal Property – To help protect your contents and equipment from accidental direct physical loss.
  • Building Property  – Covers your building, storage buildings, garages, fixtures, and other structures. It also covers specific features of those structures, such as installed floor coverings and building glass.
  • Business Liability – Insurance to help protect you financially against costly claims and lawsuits.
  • Completed Operations – Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage claims resulting after a construction or service project is completed.
  • Mobile Equipment – Provides broad coverage for mobile equipment, tools, and equipment used in contracting operations.
  • Installation Floater – Provides broad coverage for covered property you own or are responsible for while in transit, awaiting installation, or being installed at the job site.
  • Property of Others – We will pay for property damage to the property of others while the property of others is in your care, custody, or control. 

Customize Your Coverage

  • Loss of Income – Protection in case your operations are suspended due to a covered loss.
  • Data Compromise and Identity Restoration – Provides coverages that work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, becomes a victim of identity theft.
  • Hired Auto – Helps to protect for insured's legal liability arising out of the maintenance or use of a hired auto by the insured or insured's employees.
  • Ordinance or Law – Covers the loss of value and increased cost due to the enforcement of municipal laws or ordinances regulating the construction or repair of damaged buildings caused by an insured loss.

In addition to the property and liability coverage needs, you may also need Commercial Auto, Hired Auto and Employer Non-owned Auto Liability, Workers' Compensation and Surety and Fidelity Bond.

For complete details of our business liability insurance policies, please contact your State Farm® agent.

Have Premium Audit Questions? We've Got Answers!

Find answers to frequently asked premium audit questions.


This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits, or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements. Contact a State Farm agent for more information and a customized quote.

Identity Restoration and Data Compromise not available in: RI.

Contractors Insurance is not available in Florida, Massachusetts, or Rhode Island.

State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.